Woburn Abbey, lunch and Bletchley Park (05 Jun 18)
- All coach travel is by comfortable coach;
- The services of our friendly courier throughout the day;
- Light lunch at Woburn Abbey;
- Entrance fees to Woburn Abbey and Bletchley Park.
Woburn Abbey and Gardens
Although Woburn Abbey is still a family home to the 15th Duke and Duchess of Bedford, it is open on specific days to visitors, along with the diverse estate surrounding it, including the historic landscape gardens and Deer Park.
In the house alone there are 7 must-sees such as The Grotto, The Silver and Gold Vaults and The Oakley Doll's House.
Bletchley Park was the central site for Britain's codebreakers during World War Two. Run by the Government Code and Cypher School (GC&CS), it regularly penetrated the secret communications of the Axis Powers – most importantly the German Enigma and Lorenz ciphers.
Find out about the people who worked at Bletchley Park during World War Two, how an enemy message would arrive at Bletchley Park and what happened after it was received.
- 10:00 arrive Woburn Abbey.
- 12:30 Have a light lunch at Woburn Abbey.
- 13:30 depart Woburn Abbey.
- 14:00 arrive Bletchley Park.
- 17:00 depart Bletchley Park.
- Return to joining points between 18:30—19:30.
Coach Joining Points and Pickup Times (GREEN route)
- 07:00 Yateley - Dog & Partridge
- 07:10 Hartley Wintney - Bus Stop Swan Court
- 07:20 Hook - Old White Hart Pub Bus Stop
- 07:30 Hatch (Old Basing) - Belle Vue Road Bus Stop on junction with Cromwell Close
- 07:40 Chineham Shopping Centre East Car Park Bus Stop
- 07:50 Basingstoke - Coach Bay opposite The Anvil on Churchill Way
- 07:55 Basingstoke - Leisure Centre (Bus Stop for Planet Ice on Euskirchen Way)
- 08:00 Basingstoke - Business Centre Bus Stop Winchester Road (outside B&Q)
- 08:05 Brighton Hill - opposite Beechdown Health Club Winchester Road.